Internet of Things(IoT), Internet of Everything(IoE), and Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) are all buzzwords and of interest to learners, researchers, and industrialists. With the availability of the Internet, devices all around us can now talk to each other, and at the same time, one can control them from anywhere. Household electronics, computers, laptops, automobiles, etc., have been around for many decades, and most of us use them daily. IoT/IoE/IIoT being multi-disciplinary and used in multiple fields/domains, IoT can address problems in agriculture, automation, healthcare, transportation, surveillance, etc.
This course will look into the essential knowledge required to build an IoT system; broadly speaking, the system will have a microcontroller, sensors, actuators, and wireless module. Anyone and everyone who is interested in understanding how to build a basic IoT system must have a basic knowledge of “C” programming.
- Introduction to IoT: In this module, we will cover IoT's fundamental concepts and history, including the basic architecture and protocol stack of IoT systems. We will also explore the role of cloud services in enabling IoT applications and the future of IoT.
- Fundamentals of HTTP: This module will cover the basics of HTTP, including how requests and responses are structured, the different HTTP methods, HTTP headers, and status codes. You'll also learn how to implement HTTP in your IoT application using the eY-IoT framework.
- Introduction to MQTT: This module will cover the MQTT architecture, publish-subscribe model, and its essential features. You will also learn how to implement the MQTT protocol in your IoT application using the eY-IoT framework.
- Case Study Discussion & Capstone Project: In this module, we will understand three case studies of IoT systems: healthcare, agriculture, and smart campus. Keeping certification in mind, all the participants will implement an application using the hardware listed in the course.
- How IoT has grown to what it is today
- Future of IoT and where we are heading
- Understanding basic IoT architecture
- Communication protocol used in building IoT system
- Developing code to implement IoT system